ArcheAge is a game full of depth and excitement, there is so much to do and so much to see. Below you'll find twenty five tips for starting players to help understand the core mechanics of ArcheAge and help pull away some of the confusion from things like piracy and PvP.
1. You will receive your glider (used for flight), mount (which you will raise yourself), rowboat for crossing water, and various other tools by level 10 through the starting quests.
2. The starting quests are a major giant tutorial, pay attention at each step. Even things that involve killing monsters and seem like a fedex quest usually turn into something better.
3. The game is only as hard as you make it, if you're having trouble doing something, find something new. That's the best part of a sandbox, you're not tied down to one specific area.
4. The glider quest is easy to miss, so do every quest in every starting area. It's so super important your first time to learn everything and get all the tools you need to succeed in the world of ArcheAge.
5. Trading is ultimately on of the only things you can't avoid because you need Gilda Stars to build anything.
6. Mirage Island should be one of the first places you learn how to get to after you have a grasp on the game, it's where all of the plans for most of the major items are sold.
7. If you plant anything in the open, it can be stolen or destroyed by other players.
8. You have two days of protection on public planting areas.
9. You can obtain a Scarecrow through Blue Salt Brotherhood trade route quests. If you have Patron status, you can plant them yourself. You can have one large and one small.
10. Everything costs labor points, be sure to manage your labor points well.
11. Patron status increases the rate you earn labor points, making you much more effective at building and doing things within the world.
12. If you're confused on what there is to do in the world, you can trade to earn gold or Gilda Stars, build a house and decorate it, farm crops to sell on trade routes or use in crafting, grow animals to ride, explore the ocean, piracy on the ocean, crafting in general, PvP sieges, open world PvP, and lots more stuff but that's the big ones.
13. Thunderstruck wood is literally… wood struck by thunder. Plant trees out on the islands to make it easier to obtain.
14. Like many eastern sandbox games, there is a prison. If you kill enough players of your own faction or harvest enough crops that aren't yours and enough crime points (5) are established from the blood trails or footprints, when you die you'll go to court where the community can judge you (most likely put you in jail).
15. Infamy and crime are two different resources. Infamy gets you kicked out of your own faction, at which point you become a pirate and will respawn on pirate island. Infamy stays with you forever.
16. During a jail sentence you can sit in jail or escape, but if you escape you'll get a debuff that greatly limits what you can do. Which is fine! Because you can just use that time to travel somewhere.
17. To escape just dig and break creates to get the tower key, then glide away from prison. The maximum sentence right now is 20 hours, but for most things it'll be an hour or two.
18. You need 3000 infamy points to become a pirate at which point you'll be teleported to pirate island and welcomed by the pirates. Your old faction will disown you and you will be kill on sight for all players. The pirate life lets you kill anyone without punishment and it takes a long time to redeem yourself. It's kind of the ultimate endgame, after you've done everything else. You can stop being a pirate by working hard to redeem yourself.
19. Vehicles exist in the game and the car can carry multiple trade packs, this is why it goes so slow.
20. Buying into patron status, like in Defiance, will make your life so much easier in the game. The rewards are endless.
21. There is so much crazy depth to the game, don't ever feel bad reaching out in faction chat for help. You're going to echo about 20394823 other people, but it's okay, because everyone is at the same point you are.
22. PvP works like this - if your in faction controlled area, you're safe from other factions from attacking you. If you're in enemy territory, you can't attack anyone unless they attack you first, and only you can attack them, your allies can't (until or unless its changed). Oceans, islands, non-faction controlled area, the pvp continent, etc. are all open PvP.
23. Building things takes a lot of time and effort. Do not put a construction plot down until you're ready to build and mind how many resources and labor points it'll need. If you can't do it within 3 days, it will be destroyed.
24. Labor points regenerate a lot faster for Patrons. If you're F2P, you'll have to be online for them to regenerate. Patrons have their LP regenerate not only faster, but while offline too.
25. Finally, resources: Gold is earned from quests and trade routes, Gilda Stars is earned from trade routes, and honor points are from PvP in a PvP zone, sea, or anywhere that allows you to attack the opposing faction. Crime and infamy is gained from PvPing your own faction or stealing. Honor can also be gained from quests.
ArcheAge-Store.com, not only you can get the useful ArcheAge Guide from here, but also you would enjoy our the best 24/7 customer service for ArcheAge.